Unrequited love may be painful, but it is a safely painful, because it does not involve inflicting damage on anyone but oneself, a private pain that is as bitter-sweet as it is self-induced. But as soon as love is reciprocated, one must be prepared to give up the passivity of simply being hurt to take on the responsibility of perpetrating hurt oneself.
Essays In Love, Alain de Botton.
- stop-a-minute-and-breathe reblogged this from khyan
- andheralterego likes this
- collapsebetweenheartandsynapse likes this
- primrose-and-proper likes this
- grandadswag reblogged this from khyan
- Show more notes